The Bed Bug Dilemma
Bed bug infestations are spreading across the United States at an unprecedented rate… and things are getting worse.
The PestPro Thermal Remediation® Solution
PestPro, Inc. was the first company to offer Thermal Remediation treatments in Vermont. We also provide treatments in northern New York. Since our introduction of this method, several other companies have followed our lead. Be assured that when you call PestPro you are contacting the most experienced local company in Thermal Remediation! Heat treating is 100% effective for all bed bugs, egg to adult, and is an environmentally friendly, pesticide-free process.
Thermal Remediation® is the solution for hotels, motels, B&Bs, rental properties, time shares, nursing homes, dorm rooms, and residential homes.
This safe, effective, and eco-friendly process uses dry heat to kill the entire life cycle of bed bugs, while reducing the application of insecticides. The Thermal Remediation® target temperature during treatment is between 120-135°F, as this is the temperature necessary to penetrate bed bug harborages.
For our complete Thermal Remediation® Treatment Process handout, click here.
For set up diagrams, click the links below:
Why heat treatment is better than traditional pesticide applications:
- 1. One treatment is all it takes to kill all phases of bed bugs — egg to nymph to adult. Pesticide applications require multiple visits.
- 2. It is a green, environmentally friendly treatment, as no pesticides are applied. Traditional treatments require pesticides applied to mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and all other cracks and crevices in bedrooms and infested areas.
- 3. There is limited preparation required, as heat will penetrate clutter, clothing, bedding, and furniture. Pesticide treatments require extensive prep and laundering. Moreover, chemicals will not penetrate all areas that heat will.
- 4. The Thermal Radiation® treated area may be re-occupied several hours after treatment. Pesticide applications usually require 24-48 hours to dry and off-gas!
- 5. After the heat treatment is finished, the bed bugs are dead! This is not the case with a pesticide application, which is the reason for several applications and increased pesticide resistance.
Heat treatment is the perfect application for heavy infestations, sensitive areas, and anyone wishing to keep pesticides out of their bedroom. Our certified Thermal Remediation® staff will be glad to visit your facility to inspect and design a treatment plan. We also offer on-site training for your house keeping staff in bed bug identification and prevention.
Get the Facts:
Download the following flyers for detailed information about our Thermal Remediation® Process. (These links are downloadable PDF files.)